Thursday, February 2, 2012

Online Storytime

So Barnes & Noble has a free online storytime. Just click here to visit the website. It is so cool because it has really cute books read by the authors themselves and celebrities. Anyways just a fun little something I thought I would share. This month Snuggle Puppy by Sandra Boynton is the book being read.
Here are some more fun children's books that I would recommend

1. Flat Stanley by Jeff Brown
2. Where the Sidewalk Ends by Shel Silverstein (One of my favorites as a child)
3. The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman (I hosted this book for book club....great!!!!)
4. The Tale of Despereaux by Kate DiCamillo
5. Princess Academy by Shannon Hale
6. Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine
7. Tickle Monster by Josie Bissett
8. Fancy Nancy by Jane O'Connor
9. Click, Clack, Moo by Doreen Cronin
10. The Kissing Hand by Audrey Penn

Also for those of you who are writers, you should try this out, even though it has already started. It is called the picture book marathon. Check out their blog. The goal is to try and write a rough draft of a picture book everyday during the month of February. I don't know if I can do that but maybe I could do the 1/2 marathan....haha totally my style, or maybe even the 5k. Okay now I am just cracking myself up. I do want to try and write a couple stories this month though. It is motivation that I need so 2 pats on the back for me....go Juli go....go Juli go....

No comments:

Post a Comment