Thursday, March 29, 2012

Maleficent

Okay. I just have to vent because I am so, so, sad. About 2 years ago I wrote the first chapter to a book I was going to call Maleficent. I also wrote a bunch of ideas down in a journal of the plot line, etc. I thought it would be so cool to write about the life of one of the greatest villains of all time. I wanted to make her seem more real and have more depth so people understood why she became who she did. I was so excited about my idea but had to put it on the back burner because I was due with #3. I was also intimidated because I would have to be careful of copyright stuff and I needed to do a lot of research about pitching an idea to Disney. So early this morning I started having all of these great ideas pop into my head about my book. Then I decided to get online and do a little research. Well what did I see.......this. What the heck? Are you kidding me? I was sooooo mad. Angelina Jolie is going to play the main role and the movie is coming out in 2013. WHAT??? I thought I was being so original. I had the greatest story in my head and someone beat me to it. I am just so sad right now. I don't even know if I will be able to watch it because I thought of it years ago. Man, sometimes I wish I would just go with my gut feelings and act on it. I knew I had a great idea. Oh-well. (Tear)

No comments:

Post a Comment