Monday, September 23, 2013

It's Been A While

So I decided I am going to start up on my blog again.  I got distracted for a while with my husband's new business, new church callings,selling our condo and life in general but I really do want to try to keep on this blog thing 2-3 times each month.  I've done some great hair do's and I need to start taking pictures.  I just cut my own bangs as well as my daughter so maybe I should do a fringe post.  I have also read some amazing books.  Right now I am  reading the Midwife's Aprrentice by Karen Cushman to my daughter and Diary of A Wimpy Kid by Jeff Kinney to my son.  My daughter reads anything and loves it but my son is getting pickier.  I decided to find books that he is into.  I found some basketball chapter books and I think really, the trick with him is to read together.  He reads a page and then I read a page and that has been working wonders.  I read The Lemonade War Series by Jacqueline Davies to them this summer.  They both loved it.  They also loved Charlie And The Chocolate Factory by Roald Dahl.  My daughter read Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine.  She loved, loved, loved the Whatever After series and wants all of the books by Sarah Mylnowski now.  Anyways I will plan on some new posts coming up soon.  Feel free to comment on the hair styles and the book reviews.


No comments:

Post a Comment